Maize - Micronized Flakes
Net Weight :
Packaging Type :
· Imported Product and Distributed by Vetplus Sdn Bhd
· Cooked Maize in Flake Form. Bright Yellow, Yellow/White Flakes
· Micronization is a process, utilizing Infra-red rays to heat and cook whole grains.
· The energy booster of cereal grains
· Maize helps to significantly reduce the risk of excess raw starch being rapidly fermented in the hindgut and its associated side effects
Why Does Your Horse Need Micronized Grains?
· Enhanced digestibility and increased nutritional value
· Starches are broken down and absorbed mainly in the small intestine as simple sugars
· Less starch passes to the large intestine and caecum. There is less fermentation of starches in the hindgut, leading to a reduction of lactic acid uptake and lowering the incidence of acidosis and laminitis
· Less antagonism of normal hindgut fermentation of fibre, hence less colic
· Extremely palatable flavours, particularly useful when fed as part of a coarse feed mix